● In 1996 the Orthodox Church of Christ the Savior was laid on Victory Square in Kaliningrad. In September 2006 Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Alexy II consecrated the church. In the restored Cathedral on the island of Kant, concerts of the Baltic Seasons Festival are held and an organ complex has been re- created.
● The current geopolitical situation and the determining sectors of the national economy, natural resources, ice-free ports, educational and cultural institutions, proximity to European markets determine the destiny of the region.
The city is attractive to tourists for its beauty and mystery. A lot of museums, well- known universities, bridges and castles - all this and much more you can see in this amazing place of immense Russia.
● Royal Gate. It is one of the most beautiful buildings recognized as architectural monuments. Of course, these gates were reconstructed, but did not lose their splendor
● Wooden hunting castle. The building was erected in 1893 For its construction, only natural wooden materials brought from Norway were used. This building was intended for the reception of guests. State officials and ministers who came from abroad have stopped here many times.
●Main building of Federal Security Bureau (FSB). Built in 1914 Initially, the famous Gestapo was located here. Later, during the time of the Soviet Union, the premises served as house for the NKVD department. Currently, the FSB is located here.
●Palace of Culture for Sailors. Previously, this majestic building housed the stock exchange. The refined design of the building corresponds to the architecture of Kaliningrad. Columns, capitals, and balustrades are present here. The staircase at the entrance of the building is decorated with lions that hold the emblems of Koenigsberg.
● KSTU. The building was erected in 1917 This is a whole complex. Courts were located here. There were many horrific stories associated with this place. They have reached our days. Today, the building is a university. And only in one of the facilities of the complex is detention facility.
● Koenigsberg University. In honor of its founder, he received another name - "Albertina". Currently, there is a BFU named after Kant. It is the oldest Prussian university.